Saturday, May 12, 2012

My 12 year old daughter in a jam session in the hills of Tennessee with her Bass Clarinet. Farm I owned In Centerville, Tennessee.

A little light hearted post which we all need at times. This is also to remind people it is good to get out into the country and away from the all that is going on, sometimes. You never know what experiences await you.

My 12 year old daughter and I had spent the weekend in Nashville, Tennessee, October of last year (2011). We drove to Centerville, Tennessee where I use to own a farm, I bought it after moving up from the Virgin Islands in my twenties. We first ate at Breeces cafe (which is where I ate all the time when I lived in Centerville). The best country cooking anywhere in the world! Even though it had been 20 years since I lived in Centerville and only lived there 3 years, they remembered me! OOOPPSSSS :D

We saw the farm house and then began making our way to the Amish area of Tennessee. We stopped by a country store out in the middle of nowhere in Coble, Tennessee to get some water.

When we walked in there was a country jam session happening in the back. One of the guys asked if I played music and I said "No, not at all, but my daughter does."

She had her Bass Clarinet with her, practicing during our trip, because she has a school band concert this week. After a little convincing her it was okay to join in the jam session, she got her Bass Clarinet and played a couple of songs with the folks.

Here is my daughter's first jam session ever! It will be something to remember and I advise everyone... take some time, drive deep into the country and enjoy the nature and the people! Country folks are welcoming and friendly. They asked us to come back and for my daughter to come and play with them again. My daughter loved it there and she wants to go back often!

Here is the jam session.  My daughter was a little shy about it but next time I believe she will have more confidence and play a little louder.  Especially since at her school band concert 2 days ago (May 2012) they had her play a solo part with her Bass Clarinet.  











For the fun of it, here are pictures of the farm I used to own in Centerville, Tn. that I took when we went by it in Oct. It was out in the middle of nowhere and there was not one piece of sheet rock in it. I had the place done with all wood everywhere. The front door handle is even natural formed wood. Who wouldn't want to sit out on that porch for hours looking across the beauty of God's Green Gorgeous Earth?   Almost 20 years after I had sold it, it still has the rockers I had left there on the porch.  It was exactly the same, even the lions I had purchased and  put on the pillars at the bottom of the steps were there.  It really is nice to see some things don't change, when so many other things elsewhere have changed in the world.  Centerville and my old farm are exactly as I left them almost 20 years ago.  




No comments:

Post a Comment